Current and upcoming community service opportunities:
1. Volunteer for EWCPA events.
Please contact current Community Service Coordinator, Myat Thor Thiha, for more details.
2. Drivers for Weekly Shopping trips/Shuttles:
EWCPA is looking for volunteers to drive weekly shopping shuttle. All you need is an international or an American driver’s license! Please contact Community Service Coordinator, Myat Thor Thiha, for more details.
3. Community Service at partner organizations
The EWC has community service partnership with three organizations. EWC participants who volunteer at these organizations will receive EWC In-House Community Service hours.
- To volunteer with the Manoa Heritage Center, please follow the attached Manoa Heritage Center Volunteer Guidelines to get involved.
- To volunteer with YMCA Atherton Branch, please send an email to email@example.com.
- To volunteer with the IHS, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a 15 mins meeting with the volunteer manager to find the opportunity that works the best for you.
4. Community Garden, Sustainability, and Community Events.
Please contact current Community Garden and Sustainability, and Community Service Coordinators for more details.
5. Organize community events to gain community service hours
Most of our usual activities and events are limited because of the pandemic, and so as many community service activities are. But not to worry, you can organize virtual community events to get community service hours! If you have any event idea that you think the whole community can participate and enjoy, please fill out this form and the EWCPA board will get back to you about the status of your event proposal. Please provide details about your event as much as you can, as the board will be deciding whether to support the event or not depending on your proposal. If your event would need funding, please fill out the Activities Request Form attached in the Google Form. Please reach out to Myat or Krystine @ email@example.com if you have any questions about organizing the events or about the form.
Community Service Event
- Community Service Coordinator
- Myat Thor Thiha
How to log community service hours
For Community Service at partner organizations
As community service at these three organizations is considered as In-House EWC community Service, the volunteers should follow the EWC Community Service process and complete the online form on the Student Portal for their community service hours with the IHS, YMCA, and MHC.
On the form, please
- Put the name of the organization as the name of the activity/event name
- Put the respective volunteer coordinator from the organization you worked with as the Volunteer Coordinator unless the organizations state otherwise.
- Mānoa Heritage Center – (Ms.) Ke’ala Wong – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atherton YMCA – (Mr.) Cassidy Inamasu – email@example.com
- Institute for Human Services – (Mr.) Andrew Long – AndrewL@ihshawaii.org
(For example, if you work with IHS, please put Institute for Human Services as the name of the activity / event name and Mr. Andrew Long as the Volunteer Coordinator)
For Shopping trip/shuttle volunteer drivers
- Put Date of the shopping trip and Shopping trip as the name of the activity/event name
- Put Myat Thor Thiha, firstname.lastname@example.org, as the volunteer coordinator.
The volunteer driver should get at least two hours for each trip, and more if the trip takes longer.
For EWCPA community event organizers
- Put the name of the event as the name of the activity/event name
- Put Krystine Cabrera, email@example.com, as the volunteer coordinator.